This page give information on technical equipment, with links to manuals. This page is in progress — send me any manuals or links to manuals that would be useful to add here. The advantage to you is that they won’t go astray!
Autoclave: There are two autoclaves located on the lower level in Biodiversity room 053. Instructions are posted. If you have questions, please contact: Anastasia Kuzmin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fumehoods: Alarms will go off if the sash is raised for a long period of time
above the arrow; the alarm should turn off momentarily if you lower the sash. If the alarm goes off while in normal use (sash below the arrow), call Plant Ops Trouble Calls at 2-2173.
Ice makers: There is one ice maker on the Lower floor in Biodiversity room 054 and one on the third floor in room 329.
Lab equipment: Researchers in the Biodiversity Building have produced a list of equipment in their labs that other researchers in the building may use. The list is here (you will need a ZCU account to access the page). I’m not sure how up-to-date the list is.
- Nikon D300 camera with mounted flash unit
- Recommended camera settings:
- Focal Length: 60mm
- Exposure mode: Shutter Priority
- Metering mode: Multi-pattern 1/2.5 sec – F/22
- Exposure Comp: OEV
- Sensitivity: ISO 200
- WB: Auto
- AF Mode: Manual
- Flash Sync Mode: Front Curtain
- Auto Flash Mode: Commander
- Long Exp: Off
- High ISO NR: Off
- Full manual (15 MB)
- Nikon D1H camera
- Coolpix 5400 camera (attached to Nikon SMZ-800.
- FS2001F-ISO Portable single-antenna transceiver system
- FS1001M Multiplex multiple-antenna system
- SNUBA gear