Effective July 15, 2021
Soil disposal on FRIDAYS will temporarily be from 2:00 to 3:00 until the end of August.
MON and WED will continue to be the regular 10:00 to 11:00 dropoff time.
Effective July 1, 2021: Shipping/Receiving will return to regular hours, opening from 8:30 to 4:00 each day
Please bring your own cart for picking up items. We will not be lending out carts.
We will be accepting biohazardous and chemical waste for disposal.
Please restrict orders to research purposes only. No personal items shall be accepted.
Your First and Last Names
Your Lab Name
6270 University Blvd
- please don't forget to write your name on packages,
- please don't forget to write your lab name on packages,
- please notify Wes via email (or see contact info) if your package requires any additional care (e.g. perishable items/refrigeration, live animals),
- if you are shipping items in dry ice, it is recommended to do it on Mondays or Tuesdays,
- if you are planning to send out an item via FedEx, please inform Wes as a pickup request needs to be made before 11:00am to provide enough lead time. If it is not a rush, you may leave the item and it will go out the next day.
- bring your items to be shipped by 2:00pm if you require assistance preparing the paperwork for most of the Courier companies (e.g. UPS, DHL). For FedEx, please refer to the instructions above.
In addition to shipping and receiving packages, this office also:
- contacts labs and package recipients,
- Courier, Fedex, UPS and DHL, shipping and paper work preparation (see Do's an Don'ts),
- provides a by-weekly pick-up of large block pieces of styrefoam recycling,
- e-waste recycling,
- assists in compressed gases ordering and handling,
- assists researchers in hazardous waste management, for example chemical waste, solvent waste, autoclaved biomaterials and lab glass waste.