Hospitality and entertainment expenses include business related meals that involve University guests, collaborators and donors.
- One (1) entertainment claim per visitor/collaborator/guest speaker; meals for multiple visitors should not be combined
- Complete both Travel Requisition Page 1 and Travel Requisition Page 2 forms - all the highlighted sections on both pages of the form:
- Payee: must be full legal name,
- Address: employees and student should use work/business address,
- Amount: enter the total amount to be reimbursed including taxes and tips,
- Purpose of trip: enter justification for the meal (use 2nd page to provide additional information) ,
- Duration of Trip: enter the date of meal(s),
- Authorization: sign the reimbursement as the traveler, obtain the signature of the Program or Grant (P/G) Manager.
- Maximum permitted: $40/person for lunch, and $80/person for dinner. These rates are all inclusive of venue rental, food, alcohol, taxes and gratuities at 15%:
- Alcohol is NOT allowed for lunches (New Zoology policy effective as of April 1, 2019),
- Alcohol is allowed at max 30% of the total bill,
- Tri-council grants DO NOT allow alcohol reimbursement.
Supporting Documentation Guidelines
- Original and itemized sales receipts required (photocopies and pictures not allowed),
- Receipts must be taped single-sided on blank copy paper (include the full names of the meal participants, their affiliation to UBC and the UBC employee or student number when applicable),
- Include list of guests and the affiliation with UBC,
- Provide backup documentation to disclose the nature of the visit to UBC by the guest (example: a program for the visit).
For more information, please contact the Zoology Finance team:
Phone: 604-822-4265 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org